BISC-MI’s SIXTH ANNUAL FALL TRAINING
November 12, 2004
8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
SAFETY AND CUSTODY ISSUES IN DOMESTIC VIOLENCE:
UNDERSTANDING THE LAW IS KEY TO OUR WORK WITH BATTERERS
- Stop Violence Against Women: Custody Issues in Domestic Violence
- Violence Against Women Online Resources: Child Custody and Protection
- Barbara J. Hart: Custody & Visitation Decision-Making When There Are Allegations of Domestic Violence
- Building Bridges Between Domestic Violence Organizations and Child Protective Services
- Jack Straton’s Citebase: Citebase (tm) is a citation database created by Jack Straton and made available to visitors to the NOMAS Website. The database and accompanying files are designed to provide phrasing and reference information that will increase the credibility with news media and public officials of activists involved in ending men’s violence.
- Child custody mediation and domestic violence. NIJ Journal, no. 251, 2004
- Gerencser, Alison E. Family mediation: screening for domestic abuse. Florida State University Law Review, 1995
- Hastings, Cynthia. Letting down their guard: what guardians ad litem should know about domestic violence in child custody disputes. Boston College Third World Law Journal, v. 24, no. 2, 2004
- Maxwell, Jennifer P. (1998) Power inequality and dissociated coercion in the mediation of interpersonal and domestic disputes: recognition and response