Membership dues cover January-December, regardless of when membership dues are paid. There are many reasons to join the Battering Intervention Services of Michigan (BISC-MI):
1. BISC-MI is a non-profit organization that operates as a volunteer-run organization. Membership dues cover infrastructure expenses that make many services possible.
2. BISC-MI Members are offered reduced rates for BISC-MI statewide or international trainings and conferences.
3. BISC-MI initiates many statewide and international educational, collaborative, and networking opportunities.
4. BISC-MI offers the following services to battering intervention program (BIP) services operating in Michigan:
- Support and technological assistance;
- Overseeing the Battering Intervention Provider Standards Compliance Council (BIPSCC) certification process, which helps programs follow Michigan state standards;
- Listing certified programs on the BISC-MI website to assist those who wish to locate BIP services in a specific Michigan geographical area.
Without the support from BISC-MI members, these opportunities and services would not be possible.
Please become a BISC-MI member if you are not one already