All questions regarding the positions listed below must be directed to the organization listed with the posting.
Men Stopping Violence Executive Director Job Post
Men Stopping Violence seeks a dynamic, committed Executive Director to oversee all program and operations of the organization. Men Stopping Violence is a social change non-profit organization in Atlanta, Georgia that organizes men to end male violence against women through training, programs, and advocacy. We are looking for an Executive Director with the ability to oversee all aspects of the organization in a manner consistent with, and in furtherance of, MSV’s mission, with a specific emphasis on fundraising, financial oversight, and marketing.
The responsibilities of the Executive Director will include the following:
- Managing all aspects of day-to-day operations in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission;
- Developing, implementing, and monitoring an annual budget, and managing the organization’s finances in conjunction with the Board of Directors to ensure the overall financial health of the organization;
- Developing and managing a comprehensive fundraising strategy, which includes identifying potential grantors, writing grant applications, managing grant requirements, identifying and building relationships with individual donors, and leveraging existing relationships to increase the funding of MSV’s work;
- Developing and maintaining collaborative, respectful, and strategic relationships with partner organizations, stakeholders, funders, and government entities;
- Developing and implementing a strategic plan;
- Working in conjunction with program staff to ensure the ongoing effectiveness of all MSV programs;
- Overseeing all marketing and communications efforts to increase MSV’s visibility in the social justice community;
- Reporting to and working in collaboration with the Board of Directors; and
- Recruiting, hiring, and supervising staff, contractors, and volunteers.
The ideal candidate will possess a substantial number of the following qualifications:
- Graduate degree in social service, social science, education, public policy, health, or related field, or significant experience in domestic violence prevention or victim advocacy;
- Strong administrative background and skills, including at least 5 years experience working in an administrative capacity for a non-profit organization, including management of administrative functions and program operations, as well as all aspects of budgeting and financial management;
- At least 3 years experience in development/fundraising, including writing grant applications, managing relationships with donors, and implementing an overall fundraising strategy;
- Significant experience working for or with social change organizations;
- Ability to leverage various communication platforms to market MSV and to provide its voice in the public forum on issues related to its mission;
- Demonstrable working knowledge of, and personal alignment with, MSV’s approach to addressing male violence against women that includes an awareness of how other forms of oppression are connected to that issue;
- Significant experience working with diverse populations; and
- Ability work collaboratively with staff, the Board of Directors, and community partners in furtherance of MSV’s work.
A competitive salary will be determined based upon experience and qualifications. Benefits include health insurance, vacation days, and holidays.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and a list of at least three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Men Stopping Violence is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers, and constituents. We respect equality and inclusivity for all people and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or other marginalized identities. We respect, value and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are.
Currently no additional postings
If you would like to post a position on this site, please send us the information to email@example.com
BISC-MI is not the originator of this information and assumes no responsibility beyond listing the information you see above.