Some of the following documents are in Adobe PDF or Microsoft Word formats.
If you have Adobe Acrobat Reader or Microsoft Word installed on your computer, you may view the file in your browser by clicking on the appropriate link.
To save the file to your computer, right-click on the link (control-click on a Mac), then choose "Save Target As..." or "Save Link As..." from the menu.
You can download the Acrobat Reader for free at the Adobe Web site.
General Information on Standards Articles
- Assessing and Monitoring Programs For Men Who Abuse Women by Lundy Bancroft
- A Review of Standards for Batterer Intervention Programs
- Batterer Intervention: Program Approaches and Criminal Justice Strategies (this is the .pdf version)
- Controversies and Recent Studies of Batterer Intervention Program Effectiveness
- Batterer Intervention: Program Approaches and Criminal Justice Strategies
- Batterer Intervention Programs: State Standards for Service Providers
- Batterer Intervention Programs: State Standards for Service Providers, Prepared by: Heather Parker, for the National Judicial Education Program
Prepared by: Heather Parker for the National Judicial Education Program INTIMATE PARTNER SEXUAL ASSAULT: ADJUDICATING THIS HIDDEN DIMENSION OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE CASES © 2007, National Judicial Education Program
- Safety For Battered Women Monitoring Manual (Please note this is a large file. You will be able to view this file electronically but you not be able to print this file. You will also get an error message when you open the document, but you will still be able to view the contents).
Facebook resource on batterer intervention programs listed by state (all content is public)
State Standards Listing by State
As of December 2014 there are 47 States which have standards for Batterer Intervention Programs
States without standards: Arkansas, Connecticut, Mississippi, New York, Pennsylvania, and South Dakota
27 States have a published list approved Batterer Intervention Programs