My name is David Garvin. I am a founding member of BISC-MI and the present chair. If you are a current Batterer Intervention Services Coalition of Michigan (BISC-MI) member whose membership has expired, I want to take this time to thank you for past support and encourage you to renew your BISC-MI Membership. If you have never been a BISC-MI Member, please consider joining this statewide coalition. Thank you. (Read the entire 2007 BISC-MI Membership Letter)
We now offer two types of BISC-MI Membership
Individual Membership (Voting)
- Pay non-refundable dues of $75.00 per year. The year is January 1 through December 31.
- Accept and agree to further the Mission and Goals of BISC-MI.
- Receive the right to vote at general membership meetings.
- May attend BISC-MI Board meetings, regional BISC-MI meetings, and participate in BISC-MI Committees.
- Receive discounts on BISC-MI’s conferences and trainings.
Organizational Membership (Non-Voting)
- Pay non-refundable dues of $120.00 per year. The year is January 1 through December 31.
- Dues are waived for a Domestic Violence Survivor’s Services Organization (DVSSO) to encourage them to participate in BISC-MI. A DVSSO is defined as “an organization whose only purpose is providing victim services and who does not have a batterer intervention program.” Membership is renewed annually via written communication.
- Organization accepts and agrees to further the Mission and Goals of BISC-MI.
- An organization may send any number of affiliated staff to BISC-MI’s conferences and fall trainings at membership discount.
Looking for Batterer Intervention Provider Standards Compliance Council (BIPSCC) Certification instead?
BISC-MI Membership and BIPSCC Certification are independent from each other. Not all BISC-MI Members have BIPSCC Certification and vice versa. BIPSCC Certification has a separate application and fee. Learn how to get BIPSCC Certification.